All three coats of paint is dry, the drivers are connected and mounted and it plays. Beautifully. Well balanced to the front satellites. I’m happy. I will let it lie on its back a few days to let the pain completely cure.
Spackled and sanded like crazy yesterday and today I put on the first coat of paint on the stands. Looks kind of ugly but the first coat always does.
I worked long on the speaker stands today and made real progress. I have been meticulous with everything and taking my time. All parts cut up and mostly drilled. Still to do is cut the center hole in top and bottom parts, assembly and finish.
I have had speaker stands for several years now and thus haven’t had my speakers up and running either. I have now designed new stands for the front speakers which hopefully are more rigid than the old ones. I have also made the decision to remake the center and surround speaker enclosures.
The pace have been taken up to another level. So take a look at the speaker page.
I asked my friend, Björn, if he could design and build me a new set of speakers a couple of months ago. Design and calculations have progressed since and Björn is currently building them. I though I could, to use a swedish expression, hit two flies with one wack and visualise the speakers aswell as learning Pov-Ray, a free raytracer. You’ll get a glimps at my and Björn’s creations (his design and my images) together with some data about the speakers. When they’re ready maybe also a review. Go there now.