I recut the baffle and routed out the insets for the speakers. I also recut the pieces for the sides as I wanted to make the enclosure deeper. The box is partly glued up now. I keep my glue in a used mustard bottle.
Glued box with baffle in front
This is how it will look.
I also remembered that the tweeter needs a separate enclosure and made a little round box to be mounted behind the tweeter. I should have used the router for this but it was tucked away so I used a couple of holesaws instead. The center hole will be used for the leads and then filled with hotglue.
Wiring thick cables of many thin strands together is a bit tricky. Here’s a neat trick I did to not lose my mind while burning my fingers off.
The sound have not changed much to the old ones. They are one speaker less and about 2/3 of the size. The sound is not as deep but given that they are going to play the surround channels they are well up to the task.
I tried playing music at full range with them and they sound a bit thin but still lots of detail.
I love that brad nailer. Glue, set pieces in place and [fatshoop] and it is done. I glued up the back sides of the surround speakers. I wait putting on the fronts as I can’t nail those as I will be chamfering the edges and risk running the router into those nails. Instead they will just be glued and clamped. Also my back started to ache as the work table is too low. Better listen to your body and stop in time.