I asked my friend, Björn, if he could design and build me a new set of speakers a couple of months ago. Design and calculations have progressed since and Björn is currently building them. I though I could, to use a swedish expression, hit two flies with one wack and visualise the speakers aswell as learning Pov-Ray, a free raytracer. You’ll get a glimps at my and Björn’s creations (his design and my images) together with some data about the speakers. When they’re ready maybe also a review. Go there now.
After some mail I guess I have to tell you all that since I started working at my new job I am too wasted when I get home to do something creative (like coding). Instead I spend time relaxing. This weekend I played with ripping DVDs in Windows. Now you see. No brains left to be creative anymore. This means that if something is going to happen to any of the programs here someone else have to take them over and start coding them.
I added two programs of mine. I have had crossfade lying around for a while and compressor I made today. Try ’em out. Cool if they can be useful to someone.
As you may have noticed I remade the site yesterday and giving a bit perspective (a day not looking at it does that) I find that it came out real nice. It now uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), version numbers are seen on the menu, downloadable files are now better organized, and mail addresses are rewritten to make it harder for robots to add them to their spam-lists.
Also after I got my new camera I thought I may as well share some of my pictures.
Giving the small amount of free time (to make free software) I only manage to maintain one program. So those of you waiting for updates on SleezeBall, Practical PPP and rmRemote may not get any for a time. I’m currently working on making GFXIndex independent of stuff that depends on X (imlib, gdk that is). I tried to use gdk-pixbuf but that wanted an X display too so I made the decision to make my own library for graphics rendering. So far I’ve implemented JPEG loading and saving, some basic preparation for plug-ins and some basic drawing. All is made in 24-bit off screen in memory. I couldn’t figure out how to use the scaling functions from gdk-pixbuf so I’ve made a quick “nearest pixel” rescaler and put one of my friends to make a good rescaling routine.