Cleaned out the garage some and started cutting up MDF to the surrounds and center.
I also have altered the design of the center speaker to have slanted front baffle.
Spackled and sanded like crazy yesterday and today I put on the first coat of paint on the stands. Looks kind of ugly but the first coat always does.
I glued the “tubes” and “flanges” yesterday. Today I glued (and screwed. everything is screwed) the feet to the lower flanges. The top will not be glued, only screwed for now. If it is not heavy enough I will add some sand to the tubes. If the top is not level I might fix that with shims.
I worked long on the speaker stands today and made real progress. I have been meticulous with everything and taking my time. All parts cut up and mostly drilled. Still to do is cut the center hole in top and bottom parts, assembly and finish.
I have had speaker stands for several years now and thus haven’t had my speakers up and running either. I have now designed new stands for the front speakers which hopefully are more rigid than the old ones. I have also made the decision to remake the center and surround speaker enclosures.